A part of me wants to keep my experience to myself.
My love affair with the idea of New York City existed for years before I even arrived, my 21st birthday was NYC themed! (You can see what I mean here). My experience of New York was more than I could have ever imagined especially because I was able to share it all with my best friend, my Mum. So the memories feel so special and somewhat private.
On the other hand, I put so much time, thought and planning into how we were going to spend our two short weeks in NYC that I want to share the knowledge and insight I have with anyone else who is planning to visit one of the best city’s in the world.
So, because I want as many people as possible to have an amazing experience in New York like I did, I’m going to do a series of posts on New York City. It will include plenty of my own photographs, with a guide to the places we visited, where we ate, and tips and tricks from my experience.
I am by no means the be all and end all of information on New York. I spent months researching and planning and if you can too, I highly recommend it! It’s the best way to make sure you get the most out of your time in New York. Because lets be honest, you could live in New York your whole life and not see everything it has to offer. My experience was very specific to the things that interest me about the city, and luckily my mum was happy to indulge in all of the very specific experiences I wanted to have. Not everyone loves How I Met Your Mother as much as I do, so going to McGee’s Irish Pub might not be on you ‘must-do list’. You should personalise your trip to what interests you most.
This series may evolve as I go, however my goal is to finish before I embark on my next adventure abroad (more about that later, but it involves the UK! Yay!)
Some of the topics you can expect to see in this series include:
- Shopping on Fifth Avenue & Breakfast at Tiffany’s!
- Food, food and more food. Oh and lots of cocktails!
- Christmas time in New York City – All of the Christmassy related adventures we had
- The United Nations Headquarters – One of my favourite experiences!
- Broadway! And an exciting dining experience to go with it.
- View from the Top! Experiencing the heights of NYC including the Empire State Building and the Top of the Rock
- Lights, Sights and Sounds of Times Square
- Downtown New York – Exploring Greenwich Village, Soho, Chinatown, Little Italy, the Meatpacking District, and the High Line.
- American Pride – Touring Wall Street, the Financial District and Ground Zero.
- Central Park – On a beautiful sunny day in December.
All photos by me.